Friday, September 2, 2011

Not Asking for Reassurance is Hard

It is so hard to not ask for reassurance. Nearly impossible, in fact. I feel like I only succeed like 25% of the time. Sometimes I find myself asking for it, when I know that I shouldn't and I get angry at myself after receiving the reassurance. Why did I have to do that? Reassurance doesn't really accomplish anything. It's not self-serving most of the time and it's more often self destructive. I know this, but it's still hard. I'm so accustomed to asking for it, that it's such a hard habit to break.

On the upside, I'm trying to give myself a lot of credit when I don't ask for reassurance. I'm even trying to view it positively when I delay reassurance seeking. I tell myself, I'll ask in ten minutes or I'll ask tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment